Are you wanting to become a Certified EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy) Therapist?
I am an ICEEFT Certified EFT Supervisor; providing EFT supervision and consultation for therapists and supervisors-in-training at all levels of learning the EFT model. Supervision is offered in-person and online and is culturally responsive.
My style is collaborative and highly experiential where you can feel safe with a working alliance to enhance learning and address your goals. This includes empathic exploration with a dual focus that is maintained on you as the therapist and your client. Often review of recorded sessions and role-plays are integral in your learning edge. I am genuinely interested in addressing your needs from supervision while providing supportive feedback to help you grow and develop in your work that is specific to your needs.
The Key Principles of EFT Clinical Supervision are:
- A positive working alliance between the supervisor and supervisee is fostered because safety enhances learning.
- Modeling is available: the supervisor actively demonstrates EFT interventions (e.g., demonstrates attachment language and non-verbal behaviors of EFT).
- Observation of therapy sessions occurs, or transcripts are examined. Role plays with feedback give opportunity for rehearsal.
- Feedback to supervisee is clear, focused, supportive, and congruent with supervisee’s stage of learning.
- Specific elements are pointed out for the supervisee to improve or work on.
- Written theory and techniques of the EFT model are referred to and taught in relation to practice (e.g., steps, stages, tango, interventions, experiential and non-pathologizing approach).
We can collaborate whether your goal is to become an EFT Therapist or Supervisor or simply to grow your skills.