When working with couples, I aim to help people strengthen connection, intimacy, and understanding in order to resolve conflicts and get out of destructive patterns. Even couples with “normal” levels of conflict may benefit from couples therapy. My goal is to help couples build stronger relationships overall and healthier ways to resolve issues as they arise in the future.
Here are some common reasons why people come to see me for couple therapy:
- To work on communication problems and find healthier modes of expression
- To deal with conflict around “hot” topics such as finances, sex, and time
- To deal with breaches in trust and develop or re-establish a secure bond
- To establish a solid foundation in the beginning of a relationship
- To have “big conversations” related to the relationship (e.g., marriage, family building)
- To deal with the relationship concerns that may arise when one or both people go through a major life transition (e.g., getting into recovery, career change, significant loss)